1. Except in rare circumstances, drowning people are physiologically unable to call out for help. The respiratory system was designed for breathing. Speech is the secondary or overlaid function. Breathing must be fulfilled, before speech occurs.
2. Drowning people’s mouths alternately sink below and reappear above the surface of the water. The mouths of drowning people are not above the surface of the water long enough for them to exhale, inhale, and call out for help. When the drowning people’s mouths are above the surface, they exhale and inhale quickly as their mouths start to sink below the surface of the water.
3. Drowning people cannot wave for help. Nature instinctively forces them to extend their arms laterally and press down on the water’s surface. Pressing down on the surface of the water, permits drowning people to leverage their bodies so they can lift their mouths out of the water to breathe.
4. Throughout the Instinctive Drowning Response, drowning people cannot voluntarily control their arm movements. Physiologically, drowning people who are struggling on the surface of the water cannot stop drowning and perform voluntary movements such as waving for help, moving toward a rescuer, or reaching out for a piece of rescue equipment.
5. From beginning to end of the Instinctive Drowning Response people’s bodies remain upright in the water, with no evidence of a supporting kick. Unless rescued by a trained lifeguard, these drowning people can only struggle on the surface of the water from 20 to 60 seconds before submersion occurs.
Summer reminder, everyone. This is why people frequently drown with other people very nearby — they can’t call for help and slip silently under. The 30 seconds that it takes to read this will save a life.
Granted, Detroit may look like a war zone in places, but this wasn’t a humanitarian relief effort. To celebrate their 95th anniversary, American Coney Island restaurant dumped 955 hot dogs over Detroit. No, they didn’t have little parachutes and they weren’t wrapped in anything. Just nearly 1000 hot dogs being dropped from the sky going splat on the sidewalk and in rat shit.
When my tumble feed gets slammed by self gratuitous 100 count ‘ask me question’ lists……..it really pisses me off you’ve just made me scroll through all that attention whoremongery.
I like the ones where they try to trick you into asking personal sexual questions about them as if that’s not their goal.
Agreed. Also, the responses to Anon questions that are stupid and not worth bothering with or arguing about, like, getting an Anon that says “you’re dumb” and then going on a 6 paragraph tirade about why the Anon is the dumb one. Booooooring!